If you have an old 1-way pager that was previously connected through one of the following paging carriers and programmed on one of the listed frequencies:
- Weblink Wireless (frequency: 929.6625) This frequency is only available to be activated with nationwide coverage
- Pagemart (frequency: 929.6625) This frequency is only available to be activated with nationwide coverage
- Arch Wireless/Pagenet (frequency 929.6125)
- American Messaging (frequency 929.9375)
PagersDirect may be able to reconnect it for you.
Please note: If your numeric or alpha-numeric pager is not on one of the frequencies listed above or if you cannot identify the frequency, we will not be able to reactivate your pager and recommend our pager trade in offer.
If your pager was previously connected through any other paging carrier or frequency that is not listed above such as Smartbeep, Skytel, Verizon, etc...We will not be able to reconnect your pager and invite you to check out our Pager Sale promotions at www.pagersdirect.net along with our pager trade in special offer.
If your old pager was previously connected with PagersDirect and you would like to reconnect it...Please open a support ticket and provide us the information requested below. We will need to make sure your pager is still eligible for reconnection. Once we determine reconnection eligibility, we will contact you via email. Payment for service will be needed before reconnection takes place.
If you would like to see if we can reconnect your old pager, please first familiarize yourself with our rate plans by clicking here: PagersDirect Rate Plans
Then, if you are ready to activate your pager and it meets our reactivation criteria... You may fill out one of our
Online Reconnect Your Pager Order Forms Or
You may open an online support ticket here and provide us the following 5 pieces of information:
1) Pager Model:
Most Motorola pagers do not have the model name listed on the pager.
Let us know if the pager is a numeric or alpha numeric. Also, if it is a text capable pager...Will you want us to program it with text service capability (extra cost feature) or just numeric service?
Rate plans are listed here: PagersDirect Rate Plans
2) Your pager's capcode:
The capcode will look something like this: E001234567 or A1234567 or 1234567 or E001234567-F1 or just numbers with no letters such as 0333456 (if numbers with no letters, please note if the "baud rate" is listed on the back pager label such as 1200 or 2400.
Please note the capcode WILL NOT HAVE letters and numbers intermingled, so if you see a code like: A06QBB5806AA or 36BDCL38DD or LX696FT4002, these are not capcodes
3) Pager frequency: (For reference, the pager's frequency will look something like this: 929.6125mhz or 929.6625mhz) Note that the frequency number has 3 digits then a decimal point and then 4 more digits and sometimes followed by the letters MHZ (megahertz) As mentioned above, PagersDirect is only able to reconnect frequencies: 929.6125 and 929.6625, if the frequency listed on the back of your pager is not one of these 2 frequencies...STOP, we cannot reactivate your pager. Save time and order a pager at www.pagersdirect.net and use your old pager as a trade in to get 3 additional months of service free with any of our annual 1way numeric or alpha numeric service plans.
4) Your First and Last Name
5) Your address, city/state/zip and the best way to contact you.
It is important that we have your location to help us determine if there is paging coverage in your area.
We normally can determine if your pager can or cannot be activated within 1 business day of your email. You may contact us via phone, email or instant message 1 business day after your request and we will let you know if your pager can be reactivated.
If you are not sure which paging carrier your pager was previously connected with, here are some pointers:
Many local paging shops as well as internet pager dealers may have their own logos or names printed on the pagers and may have even sent you bills, but most are actually using a major paging carrier paging system such as Metrocall, so if your pager says "Beepers.com", "Metrotel", " 2waygadgets" or "Galaxy Paging" or any other beeper retailer, it may still be able to be activated through PagersDirect as long as the actual paging carrier was one of the carriers mentioned at the top of this page.
The capcode and frequency numbers are normally located on the back of your pager. Sometimes a pager has been recased or reprogrammed with a different pager capcode and/or frequency than what it listed on the pager. If this is the case, we may not be able to reactivate the pager without knowing the actual pager information.
If you need help identifying your pager's capcode and/or frequency numbers, please call PagersDirect at 1-877-472-4370 between 12noon and 6pm eastern time.